Does solving problems and supporting operational teams give you energy? Do you want to contribute to the further roll-out of fiber optic? If so, the role of Fiber Expert is perfect for you!
Working at Circet as a Fiber Expert
The Fiber expert at Circet is fiber optic expert and supports the operational teams in case of specific problems when laying fiber optic. The Fiber expert's activities may be spread across several cities.
From your role, you contribute to the Circet goal of providing professional support to customers for their projects and services with the right skills and using high value-added technology. Maximising the customer experience.
A Fiber Expert has the following responsibilities
- You supervise team members/ subcontractors and support them in their day-to-day operations. You give clear instructions and transfer your knowledge to allow them to solve certain issues themselves.
- You use your technical knowledge to correctly analyse various fiber field problems and provide a solution as quickly as possible.
- You communicate constructively with your own and the subcontractors' technicians. You act as an interface to the customer (e.g. OV experts at Proximus) when specific problems need to be investigated/solved.
- You ensure that the established work instructions, procedures and guidelines are followed, including safety checks and targeted checks for technical errors.
- You proactively provide possible improvement plans and training proposals.
- You work with the teams to achieve the set targets. You are aware of the operational targets so that issues can be prioritised according to the obligation to guarantee a certain result.
- You are aware of the team/individual targets so that, if necessary, you can adjust your own performance to achieve the proposed results.
- You take on a supporting role in organising, coordinating and following up new procedures, new tools, new fiber and welding techniques.
- You are always attentive to the general health and safety of all Fiber Engineers.
We expect the Fiber Expert to have the following profile
- Secondary education or equivalent through experience.
- You are an expert welder (superbak, OFP, DTPx/f).
- You have an SCC basic certificate, Proximus GPON FTT x certificate and good knowledge of the tools. Betty, Gym, IFH.
- You have a strong technical affinity and have knowledge of the field of work which allows you to read/interpret a work plan correctly (civil & fiber design).
- Communication: Fluent communication is second nature, both oral and written in Dutch and/or French (project dependent). You bring information across in a correct and understandable way, taking into account the target audience. You enter into a dialogue with the various stakeholders and also listen to them.
- Problem-solving ability: you work independently and solve problems autonomously, you are able to weigh different options, make a decision and take responsibility.
- Analytical: you analyse data in a focused way, critically assess information and make connections between different data to draw conclusive conclusions.
- Result-oriented: you work towards agreed goals and set high standards for your own work and that of others. You seek continuous improvement.
- Safety awareness: You are aware of your own risks and those of third parties. You wear personal protective equipment and have a safe attitude to work for yourself, colleagues or machines to prevent damage or loss.
What can a Fiber Expert expect from us
- You are part of the Circet family where the employee is central.
- A job with a lot of variety and many training opportunities.
- You are surrounded by a team of motivated professionals with a strong can-do mentality.
- You work a 40-hour system which means you have 12 additional holidays.
- You start immediately with a fixed open-ended contract.