Jr. System Engineer - B513
The focus is on offering on site and remote support relating to hardware and software issues, as well as collaborating on the follow-up of day-to-day IT affairs, such as configuration of PCs, laptops, tablets and smartphone and applications (Office, Sharepoint, Windows, etc.).
The Jr. System Engineer is jointly responsible for the installation and maintenance of the Windows server environment which is necessary to support the business systems. The Windows based environment is combined with a Honeywell EPKS system at our customer. Knowledge of this is acquired on site. Based on the current installation, the candidate is expected to carry out monitoring and maintenance works. The installation and keeping of an Electronic Tasks Agenda are part of these core tasks.
Description of tasks and key responsibilities:
- You carry out maintenance work and installation activities to existing monitoring systems (execution of OPMs process migrations, etc.).
- You look for errors and solve defects.
- You carry out checks through a process scheme (ICSR).
- You work on different projects.
- You take care of documentation which is always up to date.
- You communicate extensively with the Process Control Systems Coordinator.
- You are prepared to also work in a 24/7 on-call system.
- You have a Bachelor degree (graduate IT) or equivalent through experience.
- You have a basic understanding of Windows 2008/2016 Server.
- You have knowledge of VMware and SAN technology.
- A strict health and safety policy applies at the work location, which is why an SCC certificate (among others) is obligatory.
- You are security minded: physical security and cybersecurity.
- You are able to carry out works independently and function well in a team.
- You possibly already have experience with project-based working in a multinational company.
- You are flexible, also in terms of work location.
- You can stand your ground in a dynamic environment.
- You are meticulous, critical – also in terms of your own work – and you are focused on continuous improvement of your own work.
- You are result-oriented.
- You have an excellent knowledge of English and Dutch.
- You have a “CAN DO” and a “YES I WILL“ mentality.
The work is carried out on site at our customer in Antwerp. The team consists of 9 System Engineers and 1 coordinator. Activities are, if necessary, also carried at the plant. In this and in the office environment, awareness of safety and safe working conditions are a necessity.
- A job with a lot of variety and many opportunities..
- You will be working in a young and dynamic company where the employee is key.
- We offer internal training and opportunities to move on to other projects.
- You work a 40-hour system which means you have 12 additional holidays.
- We offer a salary in line with market conditions and fringe benefits.