Project Manager Fiber Brussels Region/Zaventem
Are you a natural born negotiator with external and internal partners? Do you have technical skills? You have experience managing a team. Is your answer a resounding “YES” to all these questions, respond to our vacancy as soon as possible!
For this job we are looking for a candidate who does not shy away from work.
The Project Manager Fiber has many responsibilities.
Driving a City team for the construction of a fiber network in the different fiberhoods of the city in question). You have end-to end responsibility over the team, the budget, the planning and the expected result.
- Leadership. You manage a construction team that is responsible for the construction of a fiber ('Fiber to the home') network. You take care of the day-to-day management of the team in terms of staffing, planning and follow-up.
- Budget/Financial Management. You are responsible for the P&L of the city. You manage the budget and ensure the financial income is in line with the expectations.
- Planning. You have a clear planning in which it is clear to everyone what is expected and when. You can handle changes in the planning flexibly and pragmatically.
- Process-based work. You follow formulated frameworks, guidelines and processes to work as cost-consciously, effectively and efficiently as possible.
- Reporting. You report on the progress and issues. You make the overall status clear and take the necessary actions to achieve the objectives.
- Stakeholder Management. You communicate openly and constructively with the different stakeholders, both in the own organisation, with the client and with the city
- Management of permits: with your team you take care of the necessary permits through the city/police for the execution of the works. You do this proactively and transparently so that the city considers you a reliable partner.
- Management of the site: You manage the site where you work in terms of order, cleanliness and safety. You are responsible for the buildings, the material and the stock.
- Maintenance of safe working conditions: You see to a safe working environment and ensure that the instructions relating to safe working conditions are meticulously followed up and respected. Where appropriate, you take the necessary actions to improve the safety.
Experience & knowledge skills:
What you certainly need to become a Project Manager Fiber at ESAS:
- Dutch is your mother tongue. Good understanding of English and French.
- Higher education, preferably in a technical direction or equivalent through experience.
- Experience managing teams.
- Experience with budget management.
- Experience with civil works, permits and synergy works.
- Experience working with subcontractors.
- Experience in interactions with city councils and police services.
- Holder of an SCC certificate for managers.
- Good knowledge of MS-Office. Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of laying fiber optic networks (fiber to the home), not a must but a bonus
- Knowledge of network design (Autocad, IFH), not a must but a bonus.
The necessary competences to be a Project Manager Fiber are :
- Leadership. You are a born leader and you like guiding/managing people. You do this pragmatically but firmly.
- Analytical ability. You analyse data and assess information critically. You make connections between different data and draw relevant conclusions.
- Planning/structure: You like structuring and managing according to a clearly documented and communicated planning. You handle changes pragmatically and flexibly, without losing sight of the eventual goal.
- Helicopter view. You have an overview and see the 'big picture'. You are able to both take a 'deep dive' and dive into the details where necessary.
- Communication. You communicate well, both written and spoken. You adapt your communication as a function of the other person.
- Stakeholder management. You interact easily with the different stakeholders(within the company, with the client and the municipal services). You are able to defend your opinions and manage to defuse escalations.
- Stress resistant. You are able to calm situations down and also keep calm in situations with unforeseen circumstances. You continue to provide quality work under pressure.
- Collaboration. You like working as a close-knit team, contributing to a joint result, even if it is not of personal interest. You are prepared to help and support colleagues when necessary. You make a positive contribution to the (work) atmosphere, you accept constructive criticism of team members.
- Result-oriented. You are able to work toward the agreed objectives. You set high standards for your own work and that of others and aspire to improve them.
- Problem-solving. You see problems as a challenge that need to be handled and resolved as soon as possible. You ensure short term solutions but you also have an eye for structural solutions to avoid that the same problems are repeated.
- A job with a lot of variety and many training opportunities.
- A contract for an indefinite period with an attractive salary package supplemented by fringe benefits, including a company car. Working on a freelance basis is negotiable.
- You will be working in a young and dynamic company where the employee is key.
- You work a 40-hour system which means you have 12 additional holidays (working hours reduction).