Project Manager Fiber - Region Wallonia
You are solution-driven? You are analytical, methodical and structured? You take the initiative and are able to work under the necessary pressure? Is your answer a resounding “YES” to all these questions. Read on, and respond to our vacancy today still!
A Fiber to the Home project manager is the right-hand of the program manager who coordinates the roll-out of a glass fiber network in different cities. You will assist the Fiber program manager in the performance of tasks that fall within the scope of the program.
As project manager you have the following responsibilities;
- Support to the program manager in day-to-day tasks: follow-up of planning, financial follow-up, ad hoc analyses, interactions with the different city teams in charge in a certain city
- Financial follow-up. Follow-up and maintenance of financial statements of subcontractor activities. Interact with them with regard to these aspects. Prepare the monthly budgetary check together with the program manager, business controller and city managers"
- Operational follow-up. Follow-up of the operational activities and results recorded by the city teams and subcontractors, help monitor targets and adjust where necessary"
- Improvement actions. Actively help identify problems, define and monitor solution directions. Take charge of specific actions resulting in structural improvements, in close cooperation with the program manager.
- Customer/subcontractor meetings. Support in the preparation of meetings, draw up reports and follow up the discussed actions.
- Report on the progress and issues. Explain the general status and take the necessary actions to achieve the objectives.
What do you need to become a Project Manager Fiber at ESAS?
- You recently obtained a Bachelor's or Master's degree in an economic direction.
- Advanced financial insight, good with numbers.
- Proven experience drawing up and following up planning.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular Excel.
- Preferably French-speaking, good knowledge of Dutch and English.
- Interest in telecom, in particular fiber optic networks.
- Knowledge of laying fiber optic networks (fiber to the home), not a must but a bonus.
- Knowledge of network design (Autocad, IFH), not a must but a bonus.
The necessary competences to be a Project Manager Fiber are :
- Analytical. You are interested in analysing figures. You analyse data and assess information critically. You make connections between different data and draw relevant conclusions.
- Accurate-precise. You are precise, have an eye for detail without losing the general overview.
- Able to work in a structured, systematic way. You are structured and are able to provide structure. You like to work according to a clear plan, but deal with changes both flexibly and pragmatically.
- Able to work autonomously. With the necessary support you can plan and carry out tasks independently. You enjoy a high level of autonomy.
- Communication. You communicate well, both written and spoken. You adapt your communication as a function of the other person.
- Stress resistant. You stay calm in situations with unexpected circumstances. You continue to provide quality work under pressure.
- Initiative. You like to take the initiative, are not afraid to go outside your comfort zone to learn new things
- Collaboration. You like to collaborate, contribute to a joint result, you help and support colleagues when necessary. You accept constructive criticism.
- Result-oriented. You are able to work toward the agreed objectives. You set high demands on your own work and expect the same of others.
- Problem-solving. You see problems as a challenge that need to be handled and resolved as soon as possible. You ensure short term solutions but you also have an eye for structural solutions to avoid that the same problems are repeated.
- A job with a lot of variety and many training opportunities.
- A contract for an indefinite period with an attractive salary package supplemented by fringe benefits, including a company car.
- You will be working in a young and dynamic company where the employee is key.
- You work a 40-hour system which means you have 12 additional holidays (working hours reduction).