Site Supervisor FTTH - B138
Welcome to our Fiber team! You will be responsible for the technical management of a project commissioned by Proximus. Are you a born leader and a natural at motivating people? Please read on, and convince us to hire you!
As site supervisor in our Fiber team for Schaarbeek you will be responsible for the technical management of a project commissioned by Proximus, in accordance with all applicable guidelines, quality, health and safety and environmental demands.
Position in the organisation:
You are supervised by, receive support of, and every day report directly to, the City Manager. You supervise the operators and digging, blowing, and/or assembly teams assigned to him. In case of absence is replaced by the work planner or colleague site supervisor.
You determine your approach and give technical construction instructions. Your determine the resources to be used. You submit changes in the planning to the City Manager.
As FTTH site supervisor you have the following tasks:
Planning/follow-up. You have a steering role in the execution of the agreed contracts (specifications, drawings, etc.). You determine the deadlines and monitor them. You determine the detailed execution and approach of execution. You can handle various problem situations. You plan the works, as well as the necessary people and material. You take part in operational work meetings. You align with design for technical questions. You have operational and technical contacts with the different stakeholders, ranging from customers to municipalities and subcontractors.
Technical guarantee. You monitor the technical progress of the sites. You supervise all site activities, both practically and technically. You monitor the quality and the observance of environment and security regulations.
Administration. You ensure the correctness and completeness of the data, and this both in the systems and tooling. You provide the right documents, such as production schedule of quantities, revision data, etc.
Coach and manage. You instruct, motivate and stimulate workers on site. You steer the executive team. You are the City Manager's right-hand and help him/her manage the team, you take his/her place at meetings when necessary.
Reporting. You are responsible for the follow up and reporting about the progress of performance of the sites. You monitor every day and report weekly on the finances of one or more sites. You provide a transparent view of the planning, works and problems to the City Manager.
Quality & Safety. You guarantee that the safety and quality standards are respected. You carry out inspections, conduct audits and analyse them to verify the observance of the applicable standards (regulations, legislation, quality standards, etc.).
As FTTH site supervisor you have the following knowledge and experience:
- You already have about 5 years of experience as a site supervisor.
- You have a technical diploma.
- Knowledge of the construction of a fiber optic network (fiber to the home) and execution of civil works is a must.
- You communicate easily, both with blue-collar workers and project leaders. You have no problem being firm.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English.
- You have a good knowledge of MS-Office (Outlook, Word & Excel).
- Flexibility in terms of work area and working hours is a must.
- Stress is a driving force for you and you have a sense of responsibility.
- You are communicative and a natural at motivating people.
- You are a real leader who is able to organise and delegate tasks autonomously.
- A job with a lot of variety and many training opportunities.
- A contract for an indefinite period with an attractive salary package supplemented by fringe benefits, including a company car.
- You will be working in a young and dynamic company where the employee is key.
- You work a 40-hour system which means you have 12 additional holidays.